Florida Civil Appeals

If you have won or lost a case in civil court, you may feel like it’s over. However, under certain circumstances, a higher court will be willing to consider the case in a new light.

A higher court won’t retry the case, but may rule differently over different issues. The higher courtĀ could also order another trial. If you think the court has reached the wrong result, you may want to consult an attorney who is familiar with the issues. Ramon Tourgeman, P.A. has handled many civil appeals, and can advise you of your options if you are wanting to appeal. He can help with your case if you won in court but are now facing an appeal by the other party.

Should you Appeal?

There are many factors to consider when deciding whether or not to file an appeal on a civil case. Do you actually have an issue which you think will win, like an error by the judge in making a decision during the trial? Is it worth the time or money you will need to spend continuing to fight the case?

If you are considering an appeal, you should consult an attorney immediately. The window for filing an appeal can be as limited as 30 day from the day of the final judgment was rendered, or even less when it concerns an issue resolved by the court prior to the final judgment. Attorney Ramon Tourgeman will meet with you for free to discuss your options. Act now to preserve your rights.

Ratings and Reviews